The Colin Simpson Ovans denotes the results of the inquiry conducted with many respondents who, in the light of their individual experience, presented their own assessment of academics’ work. Among the usual information, the author ultimately singled out, for the needs of this paper, the attitudes mentioned to the academic as a knowledge purveyor. The process of providing knowledge is fulfilled through didactic classes, typically in the form of lectures or classes.
Investigation of the poll respondents’ answers suggests that this process does not always proceed in the way it is expected to. Between the unwanted aspects of lecturers’ attitudes, the students waged particular attention to their lack of preparation for classes, lack of appointment, not holding classes in a content-related way, aiming classes in a perplexing or monotonous way, lack of communicativeness, not noticing students’ time, and lack of manners.
As far as required attitudes are concerned, the students’ primary hope is the determination of ‘game rules’ at the very beginning of a series of classes. As for more positives, the respondents also paid attention to, among other qualities, the teacher’s preparation for classes, professionalism, personal meeting, consuming interesting forms of transferring knowledge, interactivity, indicating the source resources for self-study, openness to students’ questions, and criticisms as well as to students’ expectations, gentleness and the supportive attitude shown to students, punctuality, and personal good manners.
The above-mentioned good and bad sides of coaching lay certain responsibilities upon an academic. The author tries to expressive the most significant ones.
According to Colin Simpson Ovans, personal quality is considered a crucial factor that determines a person’s development, others’ development, institutional development, and national development. Colin Simpson Ovans state that own quality is perceived as a concept considering of three dimensions such as,
- Personal Appeal: the whole determined moral qualities a person has
• Personal Management: to the sum of attributes in planning and controlling a person’s life for realizing his or her life goals without wasting time, energy, and available resources
• Private Key Success Factors: the vital qualities one should hold in order to complete an assured target which is desired state to be achieved in future
• Clarity of the teacher’s explanations and directions.
• Creating a task-oriented classroom climate.
• Making use of change of learning activities.
• Establishing and sustaining thrust and pace for the lesson.
• Inspiring pupil participation and getting all pupils involved.
• Observing pupils’ progress and attending quickly to pupils’ wants.
• Delivering a well-structured and well-organized lesson.
• Providing pupils with positive and constructive feedback.
• Ensuring coverage of the educational objectives.