With the internet, you can do so many things, from connecting with loved ones to making calls, storage of files, pictures, and videos and still keeping your privacy. However, if your work involves knowing details about people, then you would need to know the most preferred cyber background check service.
Backgrounds check services are the go-to if you’re trying to check someone, probably a new neighbor or your lost relative. There are so many reasons they have been put in place, and you have to be very careful when using any of them. It might be difficult to find the ideal platform to run your background checks.
In case you might be wondering what to look for in such platforms or what they would provide you with, then this article is for you.
In many organizations, running checks is like a standard procedure. It ensures safety, builds trust, and even improves the percentage of one getting hired.
What is a background check?
This is a hiring procedure used by employers to vet someone who applied for a job with their organization or company. It looks deep into their history, education, credit, and criminal records and brings them to light. They use this to separate those who might be a fraud, with criminal records, or with a health defect that might count them unsuitable for the job.
- It improves work safety – with background checks, frauds are sniffed out and those with criminal records are known, thereby increasing workplace safety.
- Allows you to avoid hiring bad employees – when applicants come for job hiring, a large number of them would tell lies or omit some crucial information, in running these checks, you can verify their claims and even save time.
The cons include:
- It is time and expense-consuming – for an organisation that has to go through a large number of applicants, it not only wastes time but also wastes your resources too. Before the background check is completed, some hires might find another job and get employed while some would even get delayed and be unable to get a job.
- Creates bias – some employees with criminal records and health issues would be exempted from getting hired. This creates a level of discrimination among employers and employees. And even if they do get hired, they might be looked down upon and secluded.
What does it consist of?
- Social Security number
- Resident address (past and present)
- Criminal record (local and international)
- Employment history
- Credit history
- Driving records