Many people across the globe earn their living by driving. Many professional drivers use their vehicles to pick and drop passengers. Companies like Uber allows drivers to use their car to pursue their profession as a personal driver. The profession allows you to earn a flexible income and be your boss. Many people think driving for Uber is an easy task, but the reality is different. Uber is a popular ride referral service and they have more than 40 million active monthly riders. It is an alternative to traditional taxi service and Uber is providing services in 75 other countries. Fifty thousand new drivers sign up with Uber every month and they meet the increasing demand for rides.
First, let us have a look at why uber the referral ride service well-favored.
- Enjoy the ride using an app – The service can be enjoyed by those people who own a Smartphone. You need to install the Uber app on your Android, iOS, or Windows phone. Create an account on Uber and when you need a ride book using the app. The GPs will let Uber map your location and the driver will pick you up from your location. You will be dropped to your destination on time.
- Know your ride in advance – if there is an Uber driver nearby your location, the app will inform you of the cost of the ride, the type of vehicle, and who the driver is, and how long you have to wait for the cab. When the cab arrives, you will be intimated by sending a message.
- Give Feedback – Uber incentive system provides the incentive to the drivers for their drivers. Passengers if satisfied with the ride and behaviour of the driver, need to rate them on a scale from 1 to 5. Passengers before hiring a trip can even check the rating of a driver. Drivers are rated based on politeness, safety, cleanliness, and a comfortable ride.
6 Tips to become a successful uber driver
1. Do you meet the requirements for Uber driver
- You need to be 21 years of age older
- You must hold a valid driving license
- You need to have at least 1 year of driving experience
- You must have valid insurance to meet the liability requirement
- You need to show proof of residency
- Provide proof of insurance and car registration
- You must have a car that meets certain uber requirement such as the age of the car, the size of the car, and condition
- You need to meet state and local requirements
- You must pass a background and criminal check
2. Choose the type of Uber service you will provide
There are five common types of Uber services and each one should use a particular style of vehicle.
- UberX – It is the lower cost Uber ride and needs to have a four-door sedan vehicle in good condition and which can seat at least four passengers.
- UberXL – It is a lower-cost ride and need to have a new SUV or minivan with no damage and can hold at least 6 passengers.
- UberSelect – It is an expensive option for upscale rides. The vehicle must be a new entry-level luxury car that can accommodate at least four passengers.
- UberBlack – It is a luxury alternative to UberX. The vehicle must be a high-end luxury car with a black interior and exterior.
- UberSUV – The vehicle must be a new luxury SUV in excellent condition and can seat 6 passengers.
3. How to get the right car
What if you don’t have the right vehicle that needs to meet the requirement for Uber service you would like to provide. If you are planning to buy a new vehicle, Uber offers discounts at local auto dealers. You may also consider renting or leasing vehicles that can meet Uber’s requirements. Initially, you may try working as a Uber driver and see how well you can perform your job and how much you can earn before you commit to purchasing a dedicated vehicle. You can also consider buying a used vehicle that qualifies.
4. Know the best hours
Many Uber drivers work during the peak hours to earn maximum. The peak hour is the time during which a great number of riders will be using the Uber app to request rides. The peak hours are as follows:
- Morning rush hours – 7 am to 9 am Monday to Friday
- Evening rush hours – 4 pm to 7 pm Monday to Friday
- Friday and Saturday evening – 8 pm to 3 am
In your city, the peak hour may occur at different times. There are specialized rides available such as the airport to the hotel. To know the precise peak hours in your city, you can search online or talk to local drivers.
5. How much you can earn as a driver
The average you can earn depends on driving during peak hours. It depends on the city as well. Expenses can be 20-30% of your earning, so you need to keep track of them. You need to pay income tax and self-employment tax. Most of these expenses should be tax-deductible. Uber sometimes offers a cash bonus when you apply to be a driver. To maximize your earning drive a cost-effective car. Drive a hybrid vehicle to save money on gas. Familiar yourself with various earning options.
6. Manage your business
You must correctly manage your earning and expenses. Remain updated with the latest news in your profession. Consider a guaranteed pay option. You need to track your working hour, earning, and expenses. Certainly, you need to be a friendly, courteous, helpful, and outgoing person making a stranger feel comfy in your car. To boost your earning, remember to keep your car clean and use a reliable GPS.
In certain states, Uber offers a flexible way to earn money. As a driver, you have to decide how many hours you will drive. You may choose the profession part-time of full-time. You can visit our website and browse more resumes.